- Ladders for Leaders 2017
Ladders for Leaders aids college students the process of hopefully landing a summer internship. Selective program that allows students to train in intense pre-employment coaching and training.
- Hospitality Club 2014- Present:
The Hospitality Management Club plans hospitality major events for students. Attend hospitality conventions to meet field-related careers
- PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America) 2015-2016:
- PRSSA explored my double major of Public Relations a little more outside of the classroom. Host and planned Political PR Day with guest speakers.
- Social Media
- daily use of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Created company's instagram in past.
- Microsoft, Powerpoint, Google Docs and Microsoft Information Systems (MIS): excel,access
- written communication for College Fashionista in digital media landscape
- widely used communication platform for Slack
- promote and position College Fashionista portfolio as a brand
- Uses planner to organize weekly objectives, respect all deadlines and being punctual.
- Plan and execute events in clubs like PRSSA and Hospitality Management Club. Shadowed an event planner for a semester-long internship.
- Photography & Writing
- Photographer & Writer for personal and internship blog purposes. Experience in Public Relations writing classes
- Blog Writing
- Fashion and Style
- Leisure Business: Hotels & Restaruants
- 48 Hour Fashion Blog Class online
- The Skimm
- The Skimm helps me keep up with current events and news
- SUITCASE Magazine
- SUITCASE Magazine's content, graphics, and what to do in this location articles inspired me to test writing a blog for myself.
- College Fashionista
- College Fashionista, my online internship throughout college, is where I publish my articles and connect with other Style Gurus
- National Geographic: Travel
- National Geographic: Travel, out of the many magazine subscriptions is my favorite when I am looking for get-away read
- Harper Bazaar
- Harper Bazaar's outrageous photoshoots and ad campaigns is what I dream to create one day
- Glamours editorial pieces reveals what is important to woman now between fashion and current events.
Copyright © 2017 Valerie Smith