Plattsburgh State University
- Major - Newspaper Journalism
- Fall 2014 to present.
- Made Dean's List Spring 2015 semester with a GPA of 3.6 and an overall GPA of 3.2.
- Took and received passing grades in classes in:
- News writing
- Learned interviewing skills, AP style, article structure and basics of news writing.
- Opinion and review
- Attended and reviewed plays on campus, critiqued music albums, restaurants, films and published reviews.
- Learned all aspects of grammar and spelling.
- Web design
- Learned how to manage Notepad++ and basic coding structure in HTML and CSS.
- Magazine writing
- Learned basic structure of magazine writing, how to create and design a magazine and how to interview for magazine articles
- Business ethics
- Learned how to speak confidently in front of peers, as well as how companies thrive through communication and ethical decisions.
West Islip High School
- West Islip, Long Island, NY
- 2010 to 2014
- Took classes and received experience in:
- Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Know how to properly use these two applications through practice in Web design classes and in personal experience working on Cardinal Points page layouts.
- Years of experience taking photos for personal and professional reasons.
Member of Plattsburgh State Outing Club
- Fall 2014 to present
- Club takes trips around upstate New York to various hiking and camping sites.
- Teaches trust, street smarts and teamwork.
Contact me: email@example.com or 631-316-1469.
Copyright © 2016 Laura Schmidt