I am looking to obtain a position as a staff writer as I have suffiecient knowledge
and skills that would not only aide myself but, my employees as well. I am committed
to delivering factual, concise and elegantly written pieces that inform and engage
a wide range of audiences. I have experience in not only the writing side of
journalism but, the video side as well. I have written for two online magazines,
my college newspaper and am currently writing for my school's magazine which sticks
to strict deadlines each week. I am looking for a job in which I can be challenged on a day to day basis and utilize my skills
to their upmost potential.
- Creative Writing Background
- This improves my writing and gives me an advantage as I am able to write stories that are not only factual and precise but, also appeal to the public on a more relatable and enjoyable
- Advance knowledge of grammar
- Due to multiple classes taken at SUNY Plattsburgh, I am familar and confident in the technicalities of my writing which in turn, makes things go smoother for the editor
and saves time.
- knowledge of software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop,
and SONY VEGAS movie studio videoing editing software
- Having knowledge of these programs allows me to be more versitile and multifunctional in the workplace. I can be given multiple tasks besides writing and am able to do them well.
As a lot of publications are digitalizing, this gives me an advantage as I am able to offer more to not only my employees but,
the readers of the publication as well.
- Team Player
- I can easily work in groups and cooporate with others. Group work does not intimidate me as I believe in helping the group as a whole rather than
only doing your part to get recognition.
- Works well with deadlines
- Deadlines keep me organized, give me structure and motivation to finish my work on time which is an advantage as all work in the Journalism field is based off of strict deadlines
- Strong investigative skills
- I am always curious as to why things are a certain way and how things work. I am always asking questions which helps me in this field as interviewing comes natural to me
and I will always find the answer I need to make a great story
- Social media knowledge and familiarity
- I have a lot of experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and Tumblr which are the most popular social media platforms for
this generation. Since everything is becoming digitalized, this gives me an advantage over my employees and allows me to relate to more people.
- Strong communication skills
- Naturally, I am a very talkative and outgoing person which makes interviews go more smoothly and I can get more information out of the subjects. This also helps
greatly in the work place as I am able to communicate both in person as well as over email to my fellow employees and/or the person I report to, to discuss deadlines or any
questions or problems I may have so these issues can be cleared up immediately.
Copyright © 2017 Jacqueline Hinchcliffe