I have learned to love perfecting my craft. I have taken numerous courses at SUNY Plattsburgh, that have helped me progress my skills in my major
- Social Media Expert
- My road to perfecting my craft has only continued in my year-long journey as the colleges social media intern.I have learned to use my skills in grammar and mechanics to perfect my writing on the SUNY Plattsburgh social media platforms. I have found many ways to gain more followers and more prospective students through social media.
- Grant Writing
- I have submitted a handful of grants to sponsors for my organization Shine On! I have learned to tailor what we do with Shine On! to fit whomever I am writing the grants messaging and goal. I have written grants for big sponsors like Aveeno and Dove.
- Create Run of Shows
- In event planning it is very important to have a step by step of what is going on at all times. You should have a play by play and be able to see the entire event unfold in front of you. Creating a run of show which tells you each and everything going on from beginning to end of that event is extremely important because you can see when things have the potential to go wrong and when they don't. I have created a ton for many events that I have been a part of.
- Excel Efficient
- I have taken many workshops in excel. I have applied what I have learned to many of the different programs I am a part of. This has helped me to created sheets that are easy to follow along and kept me organized. It has also helped me to keep up with data as well.
- Prezi Efficient
- Many of my classes have forced me to make presentations through my college career. I have grown to be great at making Prezi's. I know how to make a Prezi visually appealing to people.
- I have no issue with going up to people and introducing myself. I try to make it an obligation to meet someone new each and every day. That is why I am so involved on campus, because I truly want to meet everyone I can and build my network. You never know what cool thing someone else is doing that you may enjoy as well.
- KIPP Character Traits
- I try to have grit, zest, optimist, social intelligence, self-control, gratitude and curiosity Shine through me on a daily basis. Shine On! has adopted the seven KIPP Character Traits and I try to live out what I preach to participants that come through our program.
Awards and Honors
Interest and Hobbies
- Plattsburgh State Cheerleading
- I am currently on the Plattsburgh State Cheerleading team as our PR chair. I have been on the team for about two years now as a flyer. I help to promote events we are having, create team bonding for us, find ways for us to fundraise and raise money and more. Being a part of this team has helped my social skills and pr skills as well.
- Jedi Dance Productions
- I am also PR chair and social chair for the dance team I am on called Jedi Dance productions. I am also a dancer for the team so I am expected to be at each practice, ready and engaged.
- I have not only modeled professionally in New York Fashion Week, for magazines and more but I also have modeled three times for the club African Unity on camps, once for KINKS Club on the campus and have been active in many other clubs.
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Incorporated Miss Gold
- I am also Alpha-Phi-Alpha Fraternity Incorporated Miss Gold. This upcoming fall I will be pageant mom to the new women who will be in Alpha Phi Alpha Miss Black and Gold pageant.