Resources for Teachers
- Geometer’s Sketchpad is a good tool to create lessons for diverse learners. It creates a unique way for teachers to help students learn and comprehend math. By providing multiple different options and resources, teachers can build many lessons using the program, and students are given multiple methods to learn the material.
The Access Center
- This website demonstrates the importance of graphic organizers. They are used to increase not only disabled students, but also all students learning in a mathematics classroom.
- MathVIDS is a website that was created to help teachers who struggle with connecting and teaching disabled students. It provides videos of teachers working with disabled students, as well as provides guidance and teaching plans to help make their process of teaching much simpler. It is a great website for teachers to reference too in order to fix some of the problems they are encountering.
The Learning TOOLBOX
- The Learning Toolbox is designed to help students with disabilities. It provides teachers with many different strategies they can use in their style of teaching to connect with the students.
Thinking with Numbers
- Thinking with Numbers, is a great website for math teachers to use to help better their understanding of how students think mathematically. It provides many “helpful hints” that give teachers recommendations of how to teach certain material and what is important to stress in order to have the students understand what they are learning.
- Brain Pop is a great website especially for teachers. It covers a wide variety of subjects and materials. It provides many activities that teachers can use to reinforce new concepts and ideas in the classroom.
- This website contains a large amount of information for teachers. It has thousands of free lesson plans, rubrics and printable worksheets for students. Teachers can also sign up to receive free weekly email newsletters, which contain helpful hints and tips for the teacher.
Sites for Teachers
- This site is very useful beneficial for math teachers because it provides you direct links to other sites that have lesson plans, class activities, and other creative ideas teachers can use in the class.
- The Math Lab is a great way for teachers to bring fun into their classroom. It has many great activities teachers can use in their classroom such as games, jokes, and brain builders. It also has guidance for teachers to help build a bond with their students and encourage their learning.
- This website has many options of educational video clips and full-length videos that could be used in the classroom to coincide with any curriculum and state and national standards.